1. The Competition schedule: http://biathleme.org/site/index.html
2. Race Course : http://biathleme.org/site/racecourse.html . Technical Delegate of the event is Mr. Peter Hart
3. Safety: Each participants at the event needs to have insurance! The organiser will not accept any responsibility financial or otherwise for loss, injury or illness of any athlete or delegation member. All members of the attending Delegations must insure themselves by a sufficient health, accident and liability insurance. By submitting the entry the National Federation has confirmed that all persons named on the entry are covered by such an insurance.
4. Disclaimer: Please find disclaimer to be signed by each and every participant prior the event.
5. Race and weather conditions: The running part will take place on the pavement road of the marina wall and the swimming will be in the open ocean. Please be aware that the air temperature will be approximately 35-37°C and water temperature will be approximately 28°-29C.
6. UIPM Rules will be followed strictly, please follow the link to get familiar. Please pass on the same message to all athletes: http://biathleme.org/site/rules_and_regulations.html
The competition begins with a pack start, in which all competitors gather at the starting line. No more than three competitors of one nation shall be standing in the front row on the start line. The firing of a start gun commences the race. In case of false start, a second start will be given. In case of a second false start, the respective athlete’s start number will be called and the athlete will be penalized with 10 second on the starting line.
Due to the run & swim format of the race, biathletes are required to compete wearing clothes that are tight fitting, yet comfortable during both running and swimming. Women should wear one or two pieces of clothing suitable for the entire race (swim suit or sports bra). We ask that male competitors wear a tight fitting shirt “bolero” (lycra t-shirt) to be worn while swimming and running. All biathletes must wear vests identifying their Nation. United Arab Emirates law requires that shirts be worn in public. Note to all competitors that running shoes MUST be worn during the running portion of the competition and must be removed for the swimming portion of the race.
NOTE: running shoes must not be worn in the swim, but must be worn for both runs.
Reminder: 1.4.3 states that an competitor may compete in an age group higher. The masters rules say the a competitor may compete in an age group lower.
7. Please note: ChampionChip Timing Chips are supplied on ankle straps, individually packaged in personalized labeled envelopes. Each Chip has been pre-assigned ONLY to the person who’s name is on the envelope. Chips must NOT be swapped. It is contrary to the rules of the competition and will lead to a result of DQF.
Assigned Chips must not be re-assigned to other competitors. In the event of a no-show or a new entrant, kindly refer to the Event Organizers who will refer to the Timing Company.
8. The Registration and competition ID, race information, race number pick up on
- Thursday , October 28, 2010 at 14:00-15:00
- Friday , October 29, 2010 at 08:00-09:00 at Club Mina Car Park - LE MERIDIEN MINA SEYAHI BEACH RESORT & MARINA
9. Training sessions
- 1. Thursday October 28, 2010 at 15:00-17:00
- 2. Friday October 29, 2010 at 9:00-11:00
10. Technical meeting is on Friday, October 29, 2010, 17;30-19:00 at Sharjah Meeting Room -THE WESTIN DUBAI MINA SEYAHI BEACH RESORT & MARINA
11. Pasta Party , October 29, 2010, 19:00 at The Terrace of the Conference Centre - THE WESTIN DUBAI MINA SEYAHI BEACH RESORT & MARINA
12. Gala dinner and presentation ceremony , October 30, 2010 at Serdaal Ballroom - THE WESTIN DUBAI MINA SEYAHI BEACH RESORT & MARINA
13. If you need any help with regards of visiting sides of Dubai and UAE please contact directly our Tour Operator Desert Adventure
Mob: +971 50 8512207
14. If any athletes and others guest not staying at Westin or Le Mederien and would like to use any areas of the hotels on race day, they need to pay an extra 125dhs to allow access to whole property, otherwise they will only be allowed to stay on the Barasti beach area “ International Village” next to the race course, and swim in the sea there when race is not on! Please see attached letter from resort
15. DVD of the event will be made for sale for $12. To purchase please contact the UIPM TV crew. Payment can be made directly to the UIPM TV crew, or over the internet
16. Gala Presentation Dinner and Pasta party – We have confirmed the numbers to Westin Dubai, so if you have put a request to us and cannot make the fees are not refundable. There will be stand for purchase of all non alcoholic and alcoholic beverages except water.