UIPM Modern Biathle is a sub-sport of modern pentathlon invented to create opportunities for training the run and swim parts of pentathlon in real race conditions.
It can also be seen as a sport in its own right. It bears close resemblance to aquathlon which also contains swimming and running but comes from triathlon sport. It should not be confused with biathlon.
Biathle is an event that involves a run, swim, and run. It is a world class sport but not an Olympic one. The legs are raced with continuous transitions like triathlon. The race length is usually 200 m swim and 3 km run, which is shorter than aquathlon usually is.
A variant is Winter Biathle which has indoor swimming and does not have continuous transitions.
UIPM Biathle World Tour
This UIPM project is a multisport activity looking to promote Modern Pentathlon all over the world in the 2 endurance disciplines of Modern Pentathlon, Running and Swimming which are both very useful to detect talents for our Olympic sport with the aim to have new pentathletes competing in Rio 2016! The Biathle World Tour is a competition in its own right where the run-swim-run format is promoted. From 2014, the competition is also holding UIPM Modern Triathle (shoot-swim-run) events when possible.
UIPM wishes to see more nations organizing Biathle competitions, in or out of the Biathle World Tour and we do aim to achieve more nations also thanks to this promotional event across the world. Bid Documents World Tour Biathle Triathle 2015
The UIPM wants to thank you for keeping the UIPM Modern Biathle discipline in constant movement and a particular thank goes to those organisers and nations that with commitment and passion are making this happen since 1999.
UIPM Biathle Triathle World Tour:
- UIPM Biathle Triathle World Tour #1 – Dubai (UAE) – 14 February 2015
- UIPM Biathle Triathle World Tour #2 – Cascina (ITA) – 06-07 June 2015
- UIPM Biathle Triathle World Tour #3 – Setubal (POR) – 18-19 July 2015
- UIPM Biathle Triathle World Tour #4 – Weymouth (GBR) – 05-06 September 2015
- UIPM Biathle Triathle World Tour #5 – Goa (IND) – 27-30 October 2015
- UIPM Biathle Triathle European Championships – Kusadasi (TUR) – dates tbd
- UIPM Biathle Triathle World Championships – Batumi (GEO) – 18-20 September 2015
Best 4 events will be counted for the UIPM Biathle World Ranking
For information, the 2014 UIPM Biathle World Ranking